This warranty certificate is issued Carls Kitchens to the original purchaser of the warranted products and workmanship (defined below). This warranty certificate (warranty) is in addition to any statutory rights or remedies you may have.
This warranty covers the following products which are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty at time of purchase;
|Handles & Knobs|
|Acrylic Bench tops|
|Blum Hardware & Accessories|
|Hafele Hardware & Accessories|
|Hettich Hardware & Accessories|
Note: Any other materials included in the kitchen not listed above are also subject to being warranted by the relevant manufacturers.
If the defective product falls under the manufacturer’s warranty, CARLS KITCHENS will, at its option, either:
- Arrange repair of the defected warranted product by the manufacturer; or
- Arrange replacement of the defective warranted product by the manufacturer.
If a warranted product is no longer available and cannot be repaired, the manufacturer, at its absolute discretion, may replace the warranted product with a substituted item which would be as close as possible in dimension / function and colour. The manufacturer however, cannot guarantee that the replacement item will be exactly the same in all aspects when compared with the original item.
CARLS KITCHENS warrants to the original purchaser that the purchased product will be free from defective workmanship. This warranty only applies if the purchased products are properly maintained and used for normal domestic use. The warranty applies for a period of ten (10) years from the date of delivery of the purchased products.
If CARLS KITCHENS is liable under the warranty, will at its option, either:
- Arrange repair of the defective workmanship; or
- Arrange replacement of the part required due to defective workmanship.
If a warranted product effected by the defective workmanship is no longer available, CARLS KITCHENS, in its absolute discretion, may replace the warranted product with a substituted item which would be as close as possible in dimension / function and colour, however CARLS KITCHENS will not guarantee that the replacement item will be exactly the same in all aspects when compared with the original item.
This warranty is null and void if any person, other than a CARLS KITCHENS authorised representative installs, repairs or alters the warranted products without the prior consent of CARLS KITCHENS.
This warranty does not apply in relation to any damage to the warranted products caused by any of the following;
- wear and tear suffered through normal use (including scratches and cuts) or damage caused by impacts or accidents;
- use of inappropriate chemicals;
- mistreatment, negligent use or misuse;
- insufficient or improper care (including inappropriate use of cleaning products);
- fading, discolouration or damage caused by exposure to intensive or excessive light including ultra violet light, moisture or heat (including excessive steam on doors, panels, drawer fronts and cabinets);
- alterations, modifications or use of the Warranted Products which is beyond or inconsistent with the supplied product instructions and which has not been authorised by CARLS KITCHENS; or
- over exposure to heat or water.
CARLS KITCHENS will not, under any circumstances, be liable for indirect, special or consequential loss or damages (such as loss of use, inconvenience, loss or damage to personal property). In no event shall the CARLS KITCHENS liability, under this warranty for a warranted product, exceed the purchase price of that warranted product or its replacement. CARLS KITCHENS’s goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Claims will not be accepted unless the original proof of home ownership and product purchase invoice and date is provided together with the appropriate warranty certificate (at time of purchase) is supplied to CARLS KITCHENS.
The warranty is personal to the original purchaser of the warranted products and may not be assigned or transferred, including to any subsequent purchaser of the property upon which the warranted products are installed.
CARLS KITCHENS reserves the right have any alleged faulty product inspected by an authorised CARLS KITCHENS representative prior to any claim being processed. If the inspection reveals that this warranty does not apply, than the customer must pay a $100.00 inspection fee.